ThingsCamp * is nearly here, and we’re starting to have those pre-event conversations about what we’re taking along, asking other people which kit they’re planning to bring, checking out the spaces we want to use and trying to judge the probable safe clearance for a drone …
For a quick show-and-tell, here’s my collection of stuff that I’m planning to take along. Much depends on how I can package it all up for a train trip down to Plymouth but I’m sure I’ll figure it out. Finally my cardboard box hoarding habit has a useful function!
So here we have:
- In the foreground – Arduino Uno with a basic light theremin circuit (from the starter kit book of projects)
- To the back and left – Raspberry Pi Zero and room sensors circuit
- To the back and right – Air Quality Egg sensor for monitoring pollutants and temperature
- and at the back in the middle, a Raspberry Pi 3 with Sense Hat which comes stuffed with sensors as well.
So my collection is fairly heavily biased towards physical attribute sensing, the sort of thing you’d use to feed back to a home control system or to assess how healthy a space is. If any of these look like the sorts of things you want to get started with, look out for me on Saturday and stop me for a chat. Nobody will be astonished to hear that I might also be talking a bit about Minecraft – either with or without hooking up electronics to the game API.
Looking forward to seeing what different ideas other people bring along, and what purposes they’ve put their gadgets to work on!
* There are still a few tickets left if you haven’t got yours yet …